Extreme Destinations Travel LLC
Near or Far... Dream, Plan, Discover
Call: (651) 714-0208 | Email:
There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling.
To demonstrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong.
1. It's 10 p.m. and you and your immediate family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to get everyone home?
2. Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
3. Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for assistance in obtaining emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
4. You're involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help coordinate a medical evacuation?
5. If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
6. You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn't. If it's lost, who will help you find it? If it's delayed who will reimburse you for covered necessities? If it's stolen, who will reimburse you for its contents?
7. Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who is able to assist in getting you to your destination?
8. You're walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who is able to assist you in finding an English-speaking physician?
9. Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will reimburse you if you want to cancel your trip?
10. You are at a beach resort in North Carolina, and you are forced to evacuate due to a hurricane which has made your resort uninhabitable. Who can assist you in being evacuated? Who will reimburse you for your lost vacation investment?
We planned our trip 5 months ago. We were going on a two week cruise over Thanksgiving, 2014. It would be warm and relaxing We were looking forward to spending time in the Caribbean.
Well flash forward 5 months and the week and a half before our trip my husband started feeling bad. One week before we were ready to go we had luggage tags, everything printed our Xpress Pass signed the only thing left was to pack.
My husband went to the doctor and the doctor said - you can not travel to the Caribbean you are sick and will be resting for the next 2-3 week. The hardest part he said we to come out and tell me the trip was off. We have been looking forward to this so much.
We called Carol our travel agent and things got set in motion. We took travel insurance out when we travel, we have never used it but we always spend the money and boy am I glad we did.
We will book another trip when my husband gets over this, Yes it is disappointing. I am sad as I write this our ship is in Boston on its way to pick us up in Miami and we will not be there.
I also know we will get our money back so we will go again soon.
Thank you Carol for your help
Jackie & Gary Lane